E-on software provides solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments
Vue 8 Infinite and Vue 8 xStream offer CG professionals a solution for creating exceptionally rich and realistic Digital Nature environments with seamless integration into any production workflow.
Vue 8 xStream, e-on’s flagship solution, offers CG professionals the premiere solution for creating exceptionally rich and realistic Digital Nature environments, fully immersed within Autodesk 3ds Max, Maya, and Softimage, Maxon Cinema 4D or Newtek LightWave. All Vue tools are fully integrated in the host application as menus and toolbars and directly accessible from within the host interface, providing immediate access to the most advanced 3D environment creation technologies.
Vue 8 Infinite offers CG professionals the premiere solution for creating exceptionally rich and realistic Digital Nature environments in a stand-alone package. Vue 8 Infinite is the ideal tool for multimedia and entertainment professionals, architects and graphics
The release of Vue 8 marks e-on's ongoing commitment to provide substantial, cutting-edge features and improvements to our valued users and customers who share our passion for Digital Nature. With this new release, all aspects of the program have been improved in the areas of natural scenery creation, precise artistic control, performance, immersive integration and content.
Vue 8 includes a number of important new features such as:
- 3D Terrain Sculpting: Allows users to freely sculpt terrain features such as overhangs and caves directly into Vue standard and procedural terrains, with on-the-fly mesh subdivision.
- Localized Infinite and Procedural Terrain Sculpting: Combine the best of both worlds with the ability to locally sculpt features on the infinitely detailed procedural terrains. Now, users have the ability to fine tune or completely rework localized areas on procedural terrains providing even greater artistic control and
- Scene Context Sculpting: Allows users to sculpt terrain features in the context of scene elements. Sculpt rocks and reliefs around vegetation and architectural structures.
- New Stratified Terrain Fractals which allow the creation of richly detailed stratified terrain features.
- New Directional Displacement Engine for textures to create more detailed and life-like surface features with greatly increased performance.
- 3rd Generation Spectral Atmospheric Technology which dramatically improves the quality and realism of clouds, god rays, atmospheric shadows, and scene light inteaction.
- Direct Re-Posing of Rigged Meshes: Rigged and pre-animated mesh objects can now be re-posed directly inside Vue. Currently supported formats: 3DSMax, Collada and Vue Pre-animated Meshes.
- New Shader-based OpenGL Preview Engine for improved real-time performance and previewing accuracy.
- Deeper xStream Immersive Integration offering more seamless
operation and improved workflow with the leading CG applications. Vue 8 xStream adds support for Maya 2010, Cinema 4D R11.5, Softimage 2010 and V-Ray for Maya to the list of compatible applications (see below).
- All the new features introduced in Vue 7.5: camera mapping, planetary rendering, cross-shadowing and cloud masks, spherical cloud maps, animated EcoSystem populations, and more.
More Information at at http://www.e-onsoftware.com. Image Courtesy of Pavel Huerta.