Electric Rain is lighting the way for Adobe® Flash® designers with a new version of its popular Swift 3D® software. Swift 3D 5.0 adds exciting new capabilities like mesh morphing animations, user-controlled vector file optimization and an overhauled user interface to an already robust feature set. And with the ability to export projects to the 3DS file format, designers can now re-use their Swift 3D assets within other 3D applications, or Adobe Photoshop® CS3 Extended.
Electric Rain’s intuitive and easy-to-use Swift 3D has become the de-facto application for designers exporting vector and raster-based 3D animations to Adobe Flash, as well as to video and common vector-based formats, such as Adobe Illustrator® and EPS. Recent updates are making it even easier for designers of all levels to introduce 3D to their projects.
"As designers ourselves, we understand that Flash animators are constantly looking for new tools to enrich their projects, which is what inspired the development of this latest version," said Mike Soucie, CEO of Electric Rain. "With Swift 3D 5.0, we’re helping designers stretch their creative limits and expand the ways in which Swift 3D can improve their workflow through integration with Photoshop CS Extended using our new 3DS export capability."New Features
- Mesh Morpher – Animate the individual vertices and polygons of models for more professional looking effects such as cloth, skin and object deformation.
- Per-Object Render Styles – Apply a different vector render style to each object in the scene and render with a single pass.
- Vector Optimizer – Live preview offers real-time visual feedback while reducing file size of SWF files by 50 to 60 percent without significant loss of quality.
- 3DS Export – Export complex scenes with objects, animations, cameras and lights for downstream integration with a huge variety of project types.
- Updated User Interface – Enjoy a sleek new look and improved workflow provided by a totally revamped UI and extended layout options.
Swift 3D 5.0 further extends its leadership role in creating 3D for the Web and the desktop with the ability to export 3D scenes and animations to XAML (Extensible Application Markup Language), providing simulated 3D support for the Microsoft® Silverlight™ online media platform, as well as the WPF desktop platform.
Swift 3D 5.0 for Windows is now available online from Electric Rain for $295.00 USD. Upgrades from previous versions start at $79.00.
More information at: www.erain.com/products/swift3d